When won't the Workers' Advisor or Advocate represent me in an appeal?
We may not be able to help you if:
- our review of your compensation claim indicates that the board or commission has not made an error in interpreting or applying the legislation and/or policies;
- the evidence available does not support the argument you wish to make;
- you submit your own appeal and do not wish to have it withdrawn;
- you have a lawyer, a union representative or some other person actively working on your file; and
- you ask the advisor or advocate to stop representing you because you do not wish to continue with an appeal.
More Frequently Asked Questions
- Important Information
- What does a Workers’ Advisor or Advocate do?
- How can an Advisor or Advocate help?
- Is there a fee?
- Are my benefits impacted if I use the services of a Workers' Advisor or Advocate?