What does a Workers’ Advisor or Advocate do?
Workers’ Advisors and Advocates provide free confidential services to injured workers and their dependants in Canada’s provinces and territories who need assistance in appealing their worker compensation claims.
They provide independent advice on workers’ compensation claims and professional assistance in preparing and presenting cases for review and appeal.
Advisors and Advocates provide information on:
- applying for benefits;
- reduction or end of benefits;
- rehabilitation or training;
- wage loss;
- medical aid; and
- survivor benefits.
More Frequently Asked Questions
- Important Information
- How can an Advisor or Advocate help?
- Is there a fee?
- Are my benefits impacted if I use the services of a Workers' Advisor or Advocate?
- What happens when I contact your Office for help?